Box Score |
Texas 20, No. 5/4 Nebraska 13
October 16, 2010
Memorial Stadium - Lincoln, Nebraska
- Texas improved to 10-4 vs. Nebraska, including six wins in a row and nine of the last 10.
- Texas improved to 3-0 when unranked and playing a Top 10 Nebraska team.
- Texas improved to 16-4 following regular-season bye weeks under Mack Brown.
- Texas improved to 33-4 all-time against the Big 12 North Division, including nine straight wins.
- Texas improved to 13-0 the first game following the Texas-OU game under Mack Brown.
- Texas improved 64-22 away from home (road and neutral) under Mack Brown.
- Texas toppled a Top-5 team for the first time since defeating No. 1 Oklahoma 45-35 on October 11, 2008.
- Mack Brown improved to 8-1 against Nebraska.
- Texas held Nebraska to 3-and-out or a turnover on seven of its 11 drives.
- Texas owned a 129-44 advantage in rushing yards in the first half, including a 5.0-2.0 yards-per-carry average.
- Texas led at halftime for the first time since holding a 20-7 lead against Wyoming.
- Outgained a team in total offense for the fifth time this season.
Mack Brown ERA MARKS
- UT is now 110-3 when outrushing an opponent.
- UT is now 67-0 when rushing for more than 200 yards.
- UT is now 94-11 when scoring first.
- UT is now 126-14 when scoring more than 20 points.
- UT is now 109-7 when leading at halftime.
- UT is now 118-5 when leading after three quarters.
- Gilbert 25-yard run in the first quarter was a career-long, topping the 12-yard run he had against ULM in 2009.
- Gilbert's 71 rushing yards were a career-high, topping the 19 yards he had against UCLA earlier this season.
- Gilbert's 11 rushes were a career-high, topping the nine rushes he had against UCLA earlier this season.
- Gilbert recorded his first two career rushing TDs.
- Gold averaged 46.0 yards per punt, landing one of his three punts inside the 20-yard line.
- Johnson's 73 rushing yards were a season-high, topping the 59 he logged in the season-opener against Rice.
- Jones' forced fumble was his first of the season and the second of his career.
- Okafor's sack raised his season and career totals to 1.5.
- Robinson's fumble recovery was the second of the season and his career.
- Tucker improved to 10-of-12 for his career on field goal attempts, including 8-of-8 on kicks 40 yards or less.
- Tucker improved to 15-of-15 for his career on PAT attempts.
- Tucker equaled a career-high with a 67-punt.
- Whittaker's 41-yard reception in the second quarter was a career-long, topping the 24-yard catch he had against UCLA earlier in the season.
- Williams forced fumble was his third of the season and the sixth of his career.
Attendance: 85,648 (sellout)
Game Captains: #18 Emmanuel Acho, #28 Foswhitt Whittaker, #63 Michael Huey, #81 Sam Acho
Coin Toss: Texas wins the toss and defers to the second half. Nebraska elects to receive. Texas elects to defend the North goal.