Oct. 24, 2009
Box Score |
No. 3/3 Texas 41, Missouri 7
October 24, 2009
Memorial Stadium/Farout Field - Columbia, Mo.
· Texas has outscored Missouri 70-10 in the first half of their last two meetings (35-7 in 2009, 35-3 in 2008). The Horns scored TDs on nine of their 10 first-half possessions.
· Texas has posted 637 total yards on 80 plays (8.0 ypp) in the first half of the last two meetings with Missouri, while the Tigers have totaled just 203 yards on 62 plays (3.3 ypp).
· Texas posted 285 total yards on 41 plays (7.0 ypp) in the first half of this year's game compared to Missouri's 102 yards on 29 plays (3.5 ypp). Missouri did not reach Texas territory until 10:19 of the second quarter, their only trip into UT territory in the first half.
· The Texas defense held a Missouri offense that was averaging 405.0 total yards per game to just 173 total yards.
· The Texas defense held a Missouri offense that was averaging 283.2 passing yards per game (14th NCAA) to just 99 yards.
· The Texas defense has held three of its last four opponents to less than 175 yards of total offense.
· In the last four games, the Texas defense has allowed an average of 166 total yards per game. Overall, the Horns have given up just 664 yards on 232 plays (2.9 ypp).
· Over the last five games, Texas has allowed just 103 rushing yards on 128 carries (0.8 ypc).
· The Longhorns have now forced 21 turnovers this season, which is five more than the 16 they forced in the entire 2008 season.
· Texas' blocked punt in the second quarter was its third of the season. The Horns have blocked 45 kicks since 2002, which ranks second nationally to Fresno State's 47.
Mack Brown ERA MARKS
· UT is now 103-3 when outrushing an opponent.
· UT is now 90-13 when outpassing an opponent.
· UT is now 65-8 when passing for more than 250 yards.
· UT is now 88-7 when scoring first.
· UT is now 117-13 when scoring more than 20 points.
· Brown's INT in the fourth quarter was the first of his career.
· Brown's blocked punt late in the second quarter was the first of his career.
· Chiles' 34-yard TD reception in the first quarter was his third TD of the season.
· Gideon's INT in the fourth quarter was his third of the season and the third for his career. Gideon has posted an INT in three of the last four games.
· Lawrence converted 39 and 44-yard field goals. He is now 14-of-16 on the season and 24-of-28 for his career. His .857 percentage ranks first in UT history among kickers who have attempted at least 25 field goals.
· Lawrence is 4-of-5 on field goal attempts over 40 yards this season with the only miss being a 54-yard attempt against UTEP. For his career, Lawrence is 8-of-10 for his career on attempts over 40 yards.
· With a 39-7 career record, McCoy tied Peyton Manning (Tennessee, 39-6) for second place on the NCAA all-time list for career victories.
· McCoy's three TD passes give him 14 for the season and 99 for his career. His 99 career TD passes are now tied for ninth on the NCAA all-time list with USC's Matt Leinart and Rice's Chase Clement.
· McCoy extended his school-record streak to 24 consecutive games with a TD pass. His 24-game streak is the longest active streak in the nation.
· McCoy has thrown a TD pass in 43 of his 46 starts.
· McCoy has thrown at least two TD passes in 31 of his 46 starts.
· McCoy passed Western Michigan's Tim Lester (11,299), USC's Carson Palmer (11,388), San Diego State's Todd Santos (11,425), Cincinnati's Gino Guidugli (11,453) and Georgia's David Greene (11,528) to move into 15th place on the NCAA career passing list with 11,538 yards.
· McCoy has thrown for at least 200 yards in 35 of his 46 career starts.
· McCoy was perfect in the first quarter, going 9-of-9 for 106 yards and two TDs. He also had 14 yards rushing (120 yards of total offense).
· McCoy completed his first 11 passes of the game.
· Shipley has posted at least seven receptions in six of UT's seven games this season.
· With 108 receiving yards, Shipley has posted four 100-yard receiving games this season and seven for his career.
· Shipley's two TD receptions give him five for the season and the 25 for his career. It is the fourth multi-TD game of his career.
· Whittaker's 11-yard TD run in the first quarter was his third of the season and the third for his career.
· Williams' TD recovery of a blocked punt was his first TD of the season and the fourth of his career.
· Williams' five receptions were a career high.
Game Captains: #92 Ben Alexander, #71 Chris Hall, #15 Hunter Lawrence and #74 Adam Ulatoski
Coin Toss: Missouri wins the toss and defers choice to the second half. Texas elects to receive. Missouri elects to defend the South end zone.