Nov. 14, 2010
Box Score |
Texas 16, #12/11 Oklahoma State 33
November 13, 2010
Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium - Austin, Texas
- Texas had its 12-game win streak vs. Oklahoma State snapped.
- Davis set a UT freshman single-season reception record with 43, passing B.J. Johnson who logged 41 in 2000.
- Davis ended the game with game with 450 receiving yards, eight yards shy of Lovell Pinkney for third place on UT's list for freshman receiving yards.
- Gilbert recorded his eighth career 200-yard passing game.
- Johnson ended the game with 1,034 career rushing yards to become the 45th player in school history to reach the 1,000-yard mark. He passed Graylon Wyatt (1,008 - 1974-75, 77) and Ray Borneman (1,005 - 1948-49) to move into 43rd place on UT's career rushing list.
- Johnson's 4-yard TD run at the beginning of the fourth quarter was his fifth of the season and the 29th of his career. The 29th TD run put him in sole possession of eighth place on UT's career list, passing Chris Gilbert (28 - 1966-68).
- Okafor's sack in the second quarter brought his season and career totals to 2.5.
- Okafor's forced fumble in the second quarter was his first of the season and the second of his career.
- Roberson's 1-yard TD run midway through the fourth quarter was the first of his career.
- Tucker made his 19th field goal of the season to tie Phil Dawson (19 - 1996) and Jeff Ward (19 - 1985) for fifth place on UT's single-season list.
- Vaccaro's INT midway through the first quarter was the first of his career.
- Whittaker's 14-yard pass was the second of his career, moving him to 2-of-2 for 40 yards.
- Whittaker ended the game with 29 receptions on the year, ranked ninth on UT's single-season list for receptions by a running back.
Attendance: 100,659 (sellout) - 63nd consecutive sellout at Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.
Game Captains: #1 Keenan Robinson, #28 Fozzy Whittaker, #72 Britt Mitchell, #81 Sam Acho
Coin Toss: Texas won the toss and deferred to the second half. Oklahoma State elected to receive. Texas elected to defend the North end zone.