Sept. 2, 2009
Position: Defensive lineman
Hometown: Round Rock, Texas
High School: Stony Point
* An all-state and two-time all-district selection
* Recorded 122 tackles, 19 sacks, 49 TFL, 23 pressures, three fumble recoveries, two forced fumbles and 13 PBD over his last two seasons
* Helped Stony Point to a 22-5 record over his last two seasons
* Volunteered with the Special Olympics during high school
Why I came to Texas: Living in Texas, I grew up as a Texas fan. I think it is the best school in the nation. Then, when I came down here to visit, you could tell that all of the players took care of each other and the coaches took care of the players. You could tell there was a family atmosphere here and it made me feel real comfortable.
Hometown: Grand Prairie, Texas
High School: South Grand Prairie
* An all-area and all-district selection at linebacker
* Tallied 100 tackles, four sacks, 28 TFL, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery as a senior
* Moved to Texas from Nigeria when he was six years old
* A prep honor roll student
Why I came to Texas: I wanted to compete with the best players in the country. It’s also a great place to get your education because if you get your degree from Texas, you’re set for life. The coaching staff is great and they treat you like you are one of their own children, which is something I love about them.
Position: Defensive end
Hometown: Pflugerville, Texas
High School: Pflugerville
* A Parade All-American and second-team All-USA (USA Today) and EA Sports All-American
* Started in the 2009 U.S. Army All-America Bowl
* Totaled 131 tackles and 20 sacks in his final two seasons
* A two-time academic all-district selection
Why I came to Texas: I live like 15 minutes down the road from Texas, so to be able to stay close to home and go to a big-time program, it really doesn't get any better than that. Coach Brown is just a nice guy. He's very respectful, he's going to be honest with you and he just makes everybody like a son of his.
Position: Offensive lineman
Hometown: Odessa, Texas
High School: Permian
* Prep All-America, two-time all-state and three-time all-district selection
* Played in the 2009 U.S. Army All-America Bowl
* Led Permian to a 24-2 record over his final two seasons
* An academic all-state and three-time academic all-district selection
Why I came to Texas: It’s in the perfect location and you can feel the family atmosphere when you get here. I really like the way the coaches handle themselves. They’re true to what they are. They haven’t changed from the recruiting process. You hear stories about how coaches recruit and when you get on campus it's a lot different. The coaches at Texas are treating me the exact same way they did during recruiting and I appreciate that.